Tuesday, November 25, 2008

By empowering myself, I empower the whole.

This is addressed to all women:

Going through the process of trying finding what it is to be me, I find that understanding how to stengthen myself is the beginning to learning how to becoming one complete and whole person....this blog may be the beginning of that.

Rather than exclude - include. No retreat - march on. Instead of deny - embrace. and the list goes on...

As I said in the encompassing title of this blog, this is not my personal blog, I want it to be a blog for us. You and me and our friends and the girl next door, the girls we love to love, the girls we love to hate and the girls who love to hate us.

I want this blog to become a communal space of inspiration and togetherness. The corniness of this goal seeps out of my pores. Or does it? Have I been made to feel that wanting solidarity with other women is not something valuable and worthwhile? Have I been told that to search for myself and empower myself is lesser than other aspirations in life? We'll see.

Whether artisy, fartsy, full of spelling errors, corny quotes and precious gems, I want you, my lovlies (as Tina the Great would say), to send me your thoughts, pictures, laughter, art and strength to post on this blog... myfemaleidentity.blogspot.com

I believe that when we see others reach out to strengthen their own identity, it encourages us to empower our own.

Send your posts to me - lindsay_hargett@hotmail.com - and I will post them as soon as I get them.


.....we'll see how this works..............

No comments: