Friday, November 28, 2008

http://www.times.co.nz/cms/arts/events/2006/04/art100011010.php

Thanks my darling Lindsay for setting this up. You are so naturally therapeutic in the most challenging way.

I've enjoyed the articles and blogs posted so far. The Madonna song was a great shocker. I think I vented vicariously through it. The last article about women in the workplace was good...I appreciated the note about being too apologetic. Just today I caught myself on that with my partner. I think this is incredibly important with all the males (and females) we are in relationship with. Be declarative. Expect your partner to compromise. But also expect them to have limits and completely be themselves. My partner is a gift to me because he knows his limits so well. When I listen to and accept them, things are so much better. Being mindful of my own limits is my challenge. I think it is particularly hard for me to say what my limits are or even to allow myself to have them. This is where I need to grow as a women: in my ability to declare myself, my needs, who I am...

Humor and lightheartedness are key as we redefine ourselves! The posted article is a little blurb on art. I like the artist's ability to allow people to interpret her work however they want. In her critique about the media's messages, I think she must secretly appreciate the power of the subliminal in her own work.

- g.b. Serena

No comments: